Do you need to use Indian Rupee symbol (INR Symbol) in your MS Word or Excel file? Don’t know how to use Indian Rupee Symbol in Windows 7 or Windows 8? If you can’t find the Rupee symbol in your Windows operating system, this quick guide will help solve your problem.
1. Download and install KB2496898 hotfix for your Windows version
- Only Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008, Windows 7, or Windows Server 2008 R2 can use this hotfix
- Restart your PC/computer after installing the hotfix
2. Go to Start → Control Panel → Region and Language
3. Click on ‘Keyboards and Languages‘ button
4. Click on ‘Change Keyboards‘ button under Keyboard and other input languages section
5. Now, click on ‘Add’ button under the ‘Installed services‘ section
6. Double click on ‘English (India)‘ in the ‘Add input language‘ window that opens up
7. Now, double click on ‘Keyboard‘ under the English (India) option
8. Click on ‘Show more‘ option under Keyboard section of English (India)
9. Now, click on ‘India‘ option under Keyboard section of English (India)
10. Next, scroll down to English (India) → Other and expand Other section.
11. Select the ‘Ink correction‘ option. Click on the ‘OK’ button.
12. Select ‘English (India) – India‘ from the dropdown list under the Default input language section.
13. Save the new settings by clicking ‘OK’ buttons in the ‘Text Services and Input Languages’ window and then the ‘Region and Language, window. Done!
14. Use Right Alt + 4 to get ₹ (Rupee) symbol
(Make sure to use the right side Alt key and the numeric 4 key which also has the $ symbol)